Thursday, August 9, 2012

Banana Mango Breakfast Smoothie

        I'm a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast. I often eat the same few things, alternating day to day. Today, though, I had an epiphany: Why make the same-old-same-old when I actually have time to switch it up? After all, it's the summer and today I don't have to be anywhere until 12:30. So, I made a smoothie!
        I love smoothies, but I rarely buy them at smoothie joints because of the high sugar content in them and lack of good ingredients. Instead, I just make my own! I really should make smoothies more often because they're great on the go and can be just as satisfying as a parfait. I think the main reason I don't make them is that I hate washing the blender. I know, that's terribly lazy, but true. I guess it's worth it, though, because this smoothie was delicious.

P.s. I was so excited by my new breakfast that I forgot to take a picture. This post will be sadly lacking in imagery until I make this smoothie again.

Banana Mango Breakfast Smoothie
Inspired by Peachy Palate
Ingredients:
1 banana
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup plain soy milk
1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1T quick cooking rolled oats
1t dried, shredded coconut

Step 1: Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Wasn't that easy?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment