Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Special: Apple Pear Crisp

Here's my dessert choice to share!

I can't even remember where I first found this recipe, but I've been making it for a couple years now. It's been a success among all that I serve it to, and I absolutely love it cold with vanilla yogurt the morning after as well!
                                                                                         The dessert selection from Thanksgiving. The crisp is on the right.
Apple Pear Crisp
Ingredients:

Filling:
2 ½  cups pears
2 ½  cups apples
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup sucanat
1 tsp cardamom
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp vegetable oil

Topping:
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2/3 cup safflower oil
4 tbsp sucanat                                                         
2/3 cup walnuts

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°. Add all of the filling ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Oil a 9x13 baking pan and spread the fruit mix into the pan.

Step 2: Mix the topping ingredients. Pour on top of the fruit in the baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. I usually bake it for a bit longer. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment