Friday, June 21, 2013

Overnight Oats with Chia

After making my chia breakfast bowl, I decided the next step would be to create a recipe for overnight oats! This dish tastes very similar to the chia bowl I posted, but I'm definitely going to work on coming up with some other combinations. Despite the flavor similarities, I ended up enjoying these oats so much that I'm sharing it with you!

Strawberry Overnight Oats with Chia
By Caroline Mac

Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 bananas
1/3 c quick cooking oats
2 T chia seeds
1 c unsweetened soy milk
1 t unsweetened cocoa powder
Cinnamon and vanilla extract, to taste
Fresh Strawberries for topping

Step 1: Mash bananas so that they're still a little chunky. Combine all ingredients except for the berries in a bowl and let soak overnight in the fridge. 

Step 2: Spoon into bowls and chop strawberries for topping. Serve cold. 

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment